Sherwin DR-60 Cleaner/Remover 400ml, Aerosol
DR-60 removes excess, nonwater-washable penetrants (DP-50) from part surfaces.
Cleaner-Remover is used in the penetrant process to clean and remove excess penetrant from parts. DR-60 is to be used for cleaning oily, and dirty surfaces before applying the penetrant. After the dye penetrant is applied, use the DR-60 on a cloth to manually wipe off the excess material. Complies with low sulfur and low halogen requirements.
- Can be used as a pre-cleaner for penetrant inspection.
- Evaporates completely and rapidly.
- Relatively volatile
- Non-Miscible in water
- Non-chlorinated material
Why's Sherwin so good?
Sherwin NDT products are market leaders in quality, performance and reliability – a bold statement, but backed up by over 26 critical manufacturer approvals, including Boeing, Airbus, Rolls-Royce, Lockheed-Martin and other OEMs. Together, NDT products provide a non-destructive method of inspecting materials, parts, assemblies, equipment, surfaces and structures often referred to as the visible dye penetrant method’ or colour contrast method’ of inspection. Also, it's water soluble. Remove excess penetrant with a simple water wash - no need for harsh and dangerous chemicals during inspection.
Used to find:
• Cracks, lack of fusion and open cavities in welded parts
• Cracks and cavities caused by metal fatigue and cutting operations
• Check of porosity or leaks in pipes, tanks, boilers, heat exchangers
• Discontinuities, laps, folds and cracks in castings, forgings and ceramics
You might also be interested in...
Red colored, water-washable dye penetrant liquid used to locate surface flaws in metal.
D-100 developer pulls the penetrant to part surfaces to display flaws