REFLO 68A Refrigeration Compressor Oil
Looking for a Refrigeration Compressor Fluid? Choose REFLO 68A!
REFLO 68A is an ammonia refrigeration compressor fluid formulated to outperform solvent-refined paraffinic and naphthenic refrigerant oils. Using the HT purity process, Petro-Canada produces 99.9% pure base oils, among the purest in the world. These crystal-clear base oils are fortified with specialty-selected additives to create a refrigeration compressor fluid virtually free of impurities.
- Lower Oil Volatility:
- Significantly less volatile than solvent-refined paraffinics or naphthenics at high temperatures.
- May result in reduced oil carry-over and lower fluid consumption with proper change-out procedures.
Reduces sludging and deposit formation in evaporators, lowering maintenance costs.
Lower Solubility in Ammonia:
- Less soluble in ammonia refrigerant than solvent-refined paraffinics and naphthenics.
- Reduces foaming in separator tanks, increasing system efficiency.
- Lower concentrations of ammonia in the fluid maintain viscosity, lubricating better and reducing wear.
Reduces the potential for fluid to block piping, valves, and filters.
Excellent Thermal and Oxidative Stability:
- Guards against oil thickening, deposits, and sludge formation.
- Extends fluid life, even in the presence of impurities in ammonia refrigerant, saving on downtime and change-out costs.
REFLO 68A is formulated to lubricate ammonia refrigeration compressors in: - Large commercial operations (cold stores, food processing plants, marine systems, ice arenas). - Manufacturing industries requiring low-temperature control (pharmaceuticals, microelectronics). - Ammonia refrigeration systems with evaporator temperatures greater than -39°C (-38°F).
Compatibility and OEM Approval
- Compatible with most paraffinic mineral oils.
- Full benefits realized with a complete fluid change-out.
- OEM Approved: Bitzer, Frigoscandia, Grasso, Howden, Huppman, Sullair, Vilter, Mayekawa/Mycom (Screw Compressors).
- REFLO products not recommended for top-up on pre-existing refrigeration compressor fluids with different chemistries.
- Follow OEM's seal recommendation for hydrotreated paraffinic oil.
Food Industry Approval
- MPI New Zealand Approved.
- NSF H2 registered.
- Acceptable for use in food processing facilities in New Zealand where there is no possibility of food contact.
Additional Performance Benefits
- High viscosity index ensures proper lubrication and protection from wear over a wide range of operating temperatures.
- High flashpoint ensures safe operation at elevated temperatures.