Sherwin K-017 Hi-Temp Penetrant 400ml, Aerosol
KO-17 hi-temp penetrant is a visible dye penetrant used to find flaws on surfaces at elevated temperatures, up to 176.7ºC. KO-17 saves time for weldmet inspection allowing the inspection to take place at pre-heated temperatures. Complies with low sulfur and low halogen requirements. Because KO-17 works at high temperatures, the heat drives contaminants from flaws and heat-expanded flaws trap more penetrant, giving stronger indications.
- KO-17 can be used to find surface flaws at elevated temperatures.
- KO-17 meets the ASME code qualification procedure compliance.
- KO-17 meets the requirements for low sulfur and halogen.
- KO-17 requires less dwell time.
- KO-17 is a water washable visible dye penetrant.
- KO-19 Remover
- D-350 Hi-Temp Developer
Why's Sherwin so good?
Sherwin NDT products are market leaders in quality, performance and reliability – a bold statement, but backed up by over 26 critical manufacturer approvals, including Boeing, Airbus, Rolls-Royce, Lockheed-Martin and other OEMs. Together, NDT products provide a non-destructive method of inspecting materials, parts, assemblies, equipment, surfaces and structures often referred to as the visible dye penetrant method or colour contrast method of inspection. Also, it's water soluble. Remove excess penetrant with a simple water wash - no need for harsh and dangerous chemicals during inspection.
Used to find:
- Cracks, lack of fusion and open cavities in welded parts
- Cracks and cavities caused by metal fatigue and cutting operations
- Check of porosity or leaks in pipes, tanks, boilers, heat exchangers
- Discontinuities, laps, folds and cracks in castings, forgings and ceramics
This product is considered dangerous goods. Please allow between 3-5 days for delivery.
Keep this in mind for any urgent orders. You may wish to order DG products separately so not to hold up delivery of your more urgent products.