Sherwin BO-1 Black Oxide Magnetic Particle 400ml, Aerosol
BO-1 is Black Oxide No.1 black magnetic oxide suspended in a highly refined light petroleum oil. The suspension responds to magnetic leakage fields created by discontinuities in ferromagnetic material. Particles rapidly collect at leakage fields producing black indications.
- A 360° valve that enables an aerosol to be sprayed upside down.
- Every aerosol contains two nozzles for comfort and multiple spray patterns.
- Low background colour for assured indication visibility.
- Particles are easily agitated, fast acting and produce defined indications.
- Can be used with both stationary and portable magnetic test equipment.
- Aerosols offer convenience and improve reliability.
- More coverage for every application.
Why's Sherwin so good?
Sherwin NDT products are market leaders in quality, performance and reliability - a bold statement, but backed up by over 26 critical manufacturer approvals, including Boeing, Airbus, Rolls-Royce, Lockheed-Martin and other OEMs. Together, NDT products provide a non-destructive method of inspecting materials, parts, assemblies, equipment, surfaces and structures often referred to as the visible dye penetrant method or colour contrast method of inspection. Also, it's water soluble. Remove excess penetrant with a simple water wash - no need for harsh and dangerous chemicals during inspection.
Used to find:
- Cracks, lack of fusion and open cavities in welded parts
- Cracks and cavities caused by metal fatigue and cutting operations
- Check of porosity or leaks in pipes, tanks, boilers, heat exchangers
- Discontinuities, laps, folds and cracks in castings, forgings and ceramics
This product is considered dangerous goods. Please allow between 3-5 days for delivery.
Keep this in mind for any urgent orders. You may wish to order DG products separately so not to hold up delivery of your more urgent products.