Sherwin D-100 Developer 400ml, Aerosol
D-100 developer consists of refined white particles suspended in isopropyl alcohol that produces enhanced sensitivity for locating tight flaws. D-100 developer pulls flaw-entrapped penetrant to the part surface for display against a white background by solvent and capillary action. Complies with low sulfur and low halogen requirements.
- D-100 lays on the surface in a thinner, more uniform, more absorbent coating.
- D-100 has superior suspension properties.
- It is easily removed by light brushing or spray water rinse.
- D-100 works well on smooth or rough surfaces.
- D-100 can be used on machined or coated surfaces.
- D-100 can be used with both visible and fluorescent penetrants
- All fluorescent and visible dye penetrants
Why's Sherwin so good?
Sherwin NDT products are market leaders in quality, performance and reliability; a bold statement, but backed up by over 26 critical manufacturer approvals, including Boeing, Airbus, Rolls-Royce, Lockheed-Martin and other OEMs. Together, NDT products provide a non-destructive method of inspecting materials, parts, assemblies, equipment, surfaces and structures often referred to as the visible dye penetrant method’ or colour contrast method of inspection. Also, it's water soluble. Remove excess penetrant with a simple water wash - no need for harsh and dangerous chemicals during inspection
Used to find:
- Cracks, lack of fusion and open cavities in welded parts
- Cracks and cavities caused by metal fatigue and cutting operations
- Check of porosity or leaks in pipes, tanks, boilers, heat exchangers
- Discontinuities, laps, folds and cracks in castings, forgings and ceramics